Final Thoughts

This course taught me to provide a space for my students to discuss what is happening in the world around them and how to do so in a manner productive for all people who wish to contribute to the greater good.  I enjoyed hearing everyone's thoughts, opinions, and seeing the diversity represented makes me more aware of providing the same kind of opportunities in my school.  There are teachable moments in all the books and readings; my sociology students are going love discussions based on them.  The most interesting thing I am taking away from class is conversation surrounding the space of public opinion and what public discourse looks like to a kid in high school today.  I think this will be great for students to ponder and the learning that can come out the conversation will be very informative.  Thank you to everyone in the class, enjoy your summer!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Op-Ed: Young man, how can I help you?

Blog Prompt #2: Who are the leading public intellectuals of our day?

JimmieJ's class introduction