What is the most interesting thing you've learned so far in your research for your final project?

In conducting interviews for my research project, I found out how much social media meant to high school students.  I always thought that it was important, but one of my interviewees commented on their social media presence being purely a way for them to fit in and that is wasn't necessarily something they wanted or need personally.  I was blown away by this feeling of having to fit in with their peers in a such a manner that would make them go against their values and beliefs.  I really think there needs to be more education on what social media means in life and how people are more than what a profile says about them or the pictures and comments that are placed online.  Kids need to learn to value who they are more than what others think of their profile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Op-Ed: Young man, how can I help you?

Blog Prompt #2: Who are the leading public intellectuals of our day?

Blog Prompt #4: Is Polarization a Bad Thing?